May 24, 2023. Email the church office to add your requests.
Pray for the people of Afghanistan, Lebanon and Ukraine.
Building Expansion Project
- That the Lord would provide all that we need, in every aspect, financial and otherwise.
- That the Lord would provide wisdom and discernment for the Building Committee (Andy, Josh, Keith, Dave) as they evaluate next steps moving forward for the project.
Comfort for families mourning loss of loved ones.
- Jon H. Clayton (May 12) (Jon Clayton’s dad) Pray for Jon & Lynette, and extended family members.
- Gail Myers (May 6) Pray for Ken and extended family members.
- Galina (May) (Tamara’s niece) Pray for Tamara and extended family members in Ukraine.
- Barbara Tighe (April 23) (former RPC member) Pray for her daughter Meredith and extended family members.
- Brian’s daughter Caroline (April 11) (neighbor of Jon & Lynette Clayton) passed away from brain tumor. Pray for Brian and his family.
- Jacob Sanders (January 2023) (Debbie Sanders’ stepson) Debbie requests prayer for peace and strength as they go through this difficult time.
Expectant Moms – safe pregnancy
- Daniel & Rebecca McFarland are expecting their first child in early June.
- Matt & Christy Hirsch are expecting their first child.
- Juan Wu is expecting her 3rd child in August.
- Michael & Carissa Venetti are expecting their 2nd child in October.
- Stephen & Catherine Walshak are expecting their 1st child in October.
- Félix Rivera & Desirée Morales are expecting their 1st child in November.
- Mary Shannon (Phyllis Shannon’s daughter) is a missionary in Niger, Africa. Pray for her protection and safety.
- Fairfax Christian School: administrative needs.
Recovery & Healing from Surgery (**new)
- **NEW: Erin Yoho recent hip surgery (5.23). The recovery period will be several weeks.
- Sera Yoho (Brad & Erin Yoho’s daughter) hip surgery (6.28.22). She will stay in good health. It will be a long recovery period.
Various Health Issues
- Suna Mattson healing from two fractures in her ankle.
- Gary Glenn
- Art Wong (longtime friend of Dennis Allen) has multiple brain tumors. He had one surgery; yet the prognosis is grim beyond September. He is a believer, strong in faith. Pray for his wife Lynn.
- Sohail Din healing from leg pain as a result from a car accident a few years ago.
- Debi Ward (John McLeod’s cousin) has been waiting a long time for a new kidney. Pray that God would provide a new one this year!
Healing from cancer
- Brian (Clayton’s neighbor) going through chemo for colon cancer.
- Jenny Vollor
- Emanuel Alvarez (friend of Grisel Bigay) stage 4 gastric cancer and non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Update 2.22: 1) Praise that he is officially in remission for gastric cancer. 2) The progress of the lymphoma has slowed down. Another surgery is likely. The prognosis is good; oncologists seem cautiously optimistic about a positive outcome.
- Phyllis Shannon breast cancer.
- Jerry Cox (Liz Bandy’s dad) prostate cancer.
- Ken Myers bladder cancer.
- Carol McPherson for successful treatment with no side effects, and protection from COVID-19.
- Grant Capp (age 9; son of Keith & Collyn) Grant is “cancer-free” after 5 years in remission. We can continue to pray that Grant remains in remission as the family cares for him beyond cancer treatment.