August 10, 2022. Email the church office to add your requests.
Pray for the people of Afghanistan, Lebanon and Ukraine.
Building Expansion Project
- Site plans were submitted to Fairfax County early June. Pray that it will take less than 6 months for the county to review the documents.
- Pray that the Lord would provide everything we need for the building expansion, so we can meet the needs of those in our community for Christ.
Comfort for families mourning loss of loved ones.
- Louis Kober (7.30) (Barbara Canody’s uncle) Pray for the family.
- Luke Stilwell (4.30) (Bobby & Patricia Stilwell’s grandson) Pray for Kevin & Martha (parents), siblings, and extended family & friends.
- Richard Shannon (2.23) Please pray for his wife Phyllis, daughter Mary, and extended family members.
- Sohail Din & Family (wife Shezana & children; Abbey and David): Sohail is currently unemployed, and the family needs to relocate to a new home. Pray for God to provide and meet the needs for him and his family.
- Thabie Melvin for full recovery.
- Mary Shannon (Phyllis Shannon’s daughter) is a missionary in Niger, Africa. Pray for her protection and safety.
- Sohail Din’s niece, husband and 4 children are Pakistani Christians in a refugee camp in Thailand. Update (6.5): After 9 years in a refugee camp, they will be emigrating to Canada. Pray that the process will go well.
- Fairfax Christian School: administrative needs.
Recovery & Healing from Surgery
- Sara Sigler recovering from C-section on July 22.
- Myra Freeman (John McLeod’s mom) knee replacement surgery on July 12. Her recovery period is expected to be 6-8 weeks.
- Sera Yoho (Brad & Erin Yoho’s daughter) hip surgery (6.28). She will stay in good health. It will be a long recovery period.
- Dottie Pinto (Craig Pinto’s mom) knee surgery (6.21).
- Toby Peck (Craig Pinto’s nephew) major knee surgery. His recovery period will be 8 weeks.
- Lauren Krell-21 years old (Jessie Ramirez’s niece) Update 7.6: She is recovering very well from her injuries. Continued prayers for healing, and wisdom for the family. And for God to be glorified in the midst of it all.
- Jenny Byrne (Pastor Jim’s wife) shoulder surgery.
Various health issues
- Art Wong (long time friend of Dennis Allen) was recently diagnosed with multiple brain tumors suddenly. He had one surgery; yet prognosis is grim beyond September. He is a believer, strong in faith. Pray for his wife Lynn.
- Jim Stott is in hospice. Please pray for his family. His daughter and son-in-law are friends of Nona Bear.
- Sohail Din healing from leg pain as a result from a car accident a few years ago.
- Debi Ward (John McLeod’s cousin) has been waiting a long time for a new kidney. Pray that God would provide a new one this year!
Healing from cancer (**update)
- Dr. Mike Hardin (friend of Dennis & Karen Allen) diagnosed with lung cancer. Update 7.20: is doing physically & clinically well; he continues chemo for another 4 weeks.
- Emanuel Alvarez (friend of Grisel Bigay) stomach cancer.
- Jenny Vollor cancer has returned. Update 6.29: cancer scan results showed the tumor might be measuring a little smaller.
- Phyllis Shannon breast cancer.
- Jerry Cox (Liz Bandy’s dad) prostate cancer;
- Ken Myers bladder cancer.
- Olga Aldridge (mother of Jon Clayton’s friend Rich) stage 4 lung cancer and a brain tumor.
- Carol McPherson for successful treatment with no side-effects, and protection from COVID-19.
- **UPDATE: Katherine (Barbara Canfield’s friend) brain cancer. 8.10 Another tumor found in brain; chemo has stopped. Pray Katherine’s comfort both physically & spiritually. This has been hard on her family especially her husband. Keep them in your prayers as well.
- Grant Capp (age 8; son of Keith & Collyn) (leukemia; in remission) His chemo treatment ended August 2020. They do not use the phrase “cancer free” until 5 years in remission. Pray that the cancer will not return and for his protection from COVID-19